On a recent trip to Las Vegas, as my friends and I were walking along the strip taking in the sights, we were constantly being approached by drunk men, men promoting various clubs and encouraging us to come see naked women. It gets annoying after awhile, but understanding that it is their job to get people into clubs (and they probably don't like their jobs very much) we were nice, we smiled, we kept walking. We certainly were not rude to anyone. I was shocked when one man, whose reaction to me politely refusing his oh so generous offer to be a VIP at whatever stupid boring club he was promoting was to call me a fat slut and tell me I would stand in line for hours at whatever club I tried to get into because I was so ugly.
I could not believe it.
First of all who is he to speak to me in that way? I am not fat. Even if I was, what kind of person would say something so hurtful to a complete stranger?! What kind of insecurities does he have that he feels the need to cut people down like that? Second, I have slept with exactly one man. He does not know me. I am not a slut. So there. So now he's been wrong about me on two counts! In regards to the last of his incredibly intelligent remarks, I am not ugly. I am beautiful. I am a pretty big fan of myself actually, and it took a really long time for me to be able to say that. I don't feel like that all day every day, there are days when maybe I would agree with him. But not that day, oh no girl, not that day.
My first reaction was to give him a serious stink eye, I mean really bro, did you actually just say that to ME?! And then I was overcome with a hot rage, and it took a lot for me not to give him a piece of my mind. But nope, he is so not worth a second look. Keep walking, just keep walking. Laugh it off. Be the bigger person.
BUT WAIT NO! Sometimes I don't want to 'be the bigger person!!' Sometimes I just want to be irrational and SCREAM IN SOMEONE'S FACE! AND TELL THEM THAT THEY ARE RUDE AND THAT I DON'T LIKE THEM AT ALL!! And then I think that my mother didn't raise me that way, and that it wouldn't be very mature.
So I don't scream and yell, I just walk away. That kind of shit does not hurt my feelings. Well maybe it does. But only a little bit and I'll get over it. But maybe that happened over a month ago and I really haven't forgotten it at all. Well times heals all wounds, right?
I could not believe it.
First of all who is he to speak to me in that way? I am not fat. Even if I was, what kind of person would say something so hurtful to a complete stranger?! What kind of insecurities does he have that he feels the need to cut people down like that? Second, I have slept with exactly one man. He does not know me. I am not a slut. So there. So now he's been wrong about me on two counts! In regards to the last of his incredibly intelligent remarks, I am not ugly. I am beautiful. I am a pretty big fan of myself actually, and it took a really long time for me to be able to say that. I don't feel like that all day every day, there are days when maybe I would agree with him. But not that day, oh no girl, not that day.
My first reaction was to give him a serious stink eye, I mean really bro, did you actually just say that to ME?! And then I was overcome with a hot rage, and it took a lot for me not to give him a piece of my mind. But nope, he is so not worth a second look. Keep walking, just keep walking. Laugh it off. Be the bigger person.
BUT WAIT NO! Sometimes I don't want to 'be the bigger person!!' Sometimes I just want to be irrational and SCREAM IN SOMEONE'S FACE! AND TELL THEM THAT THEY ARE RUDE AND THAT I DON'T LIKE THEM AT ALL!! And then I think that my mother didn't raise me that way, and that it wouldn't be very mature.
So I don't scream and yell, I just walk away. That kind of shit does not hurt my feelings. Well maybe it does. But only a little bit and I'll get over it. But maybe that happened over a month ago and I really haven't forgotten it at all. Well times heals all wounds, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.